Sunday, August 2, 2009

Woohoo!


Just finished the quilting on the blue and purple star quilt. Quilt Pixie suggested Sunrise as a name for the purple of the sky and the green for trees. To me it looks more nightimey. So how about Twilight? I'll sleep on it. I'm trying hard not to stay up until all hours, so I'll put on the binding in the morning. I did a basic meaner in the middle and put feathers in the borders. The thread matches exactly, so they don't show up at all. Probably best, a chance to practice on a real quilt and not see all the mistakes. Anyway, I used washable marker to sketch the general shape, so I'll have to throw this one in the wash as soon as the binding is done. Quilt Penguin has posted the UFO for August, it is number one, so for me that is my Elm Creek Quilt. It is just in need of hand quilting, so that is a good project for August which will be busy with back to school.

4 comments:

Aunt Spicy said...

L-O-V-E the borders! Wow, the quilt just looks amazing! And Twilight is a great name for it!

Donna said...

twighlight is a great name! You've done a great job of getting this done. :-)

Amy said...

Oooooo! I love the borders!
I haven't checked in in a while---you've had some lovely productivity to wind down your summer vacation!

I have been on full-school-mode since the Web software became available. I haven't been downstairs since LAST Sunday----wow! That's a new record!

Melinda said...

You did a great job getting this UFO done. It really looks good and it must feel great to have it finished.