Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day at Home


Kurt has taken all three kids off for their Odyssey of the Mind competition. It is an all day affair, leaving me at home to entertain myself. I've been happily cutting and sewing since the car pulled out the driveway this morning. Right now I'm in the midst of ironing strip sets for another round of spinning star blocks. I've worked all the way through the last batch and I'm learning that it takes lots of small blocks to make a quilt. I may end up with these blocks in the center and then a big border of the extra four patches from the cutting process.
Spring is trying to happen, but it has still been unusually cold. It doesn't look much like spring with all of the dead foliage from the winter cold snap, but some of the trees and bushes seem to still be alive. I think it is late enough now that we can start to get rid of some of the dead stuff.

5 comments:

Amy said...

so lovely to hear about your "you" day at home. How did the kids do at OM? It sounds similar to what Cass is involved in: we call it "Destination Imagination" and her all-day event is coming up at the end of the month.

We have one of our local News (Sports) reporter broadcasting nightly from Florida (ya know, Spring Training). He has been wearing long sleeves, so it MUST be cold down there :0)

Candace said...

Sounds like you are having a great day.
I love the picture of the Sandhill cranes. I haven't been lucky enough to see a small chick. It's so cute.

heather said...

I like the crane picture. They look like they are out for a weekend stroll.

Micki said...

I hope that you enjoyed your day at home. Loved the pics!
Micki

Micki said...

I hope that you enjoyed your day at home. Loved the pics!
Micki