Saturday, April 24, 2010

How Cute is That?


I threw together a couple of test blocks for the new pattern Bonnie was showing at Quiltville.com. I'm using 2.5 inch strips and pairing up dark and light. I think I can get one dark square and one light square out of each strip pairing. I'll have the girls pull out some strips for me, I think they'll have fun matching them up. I'll call this one Tic-tac-toe. I was planning on Hop scotch, but it really looks like more of a three in a row kind of quilt. I'm on a bit of a children's game series right now in case you couldn't guess. I've got the binding sewn on Whilrygiggles and am going to try to get one more done before ice skating starts again so that I can do the hand stitching there. That's my plan at least. I was going to cut squares this morning but ended up putting everything except a cutting mat into a carry along bag. The best laid plans......

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey dear---I'm off to look at Bonnie's blog next. I see she had something listed for the 2" strips. I'm stuck at my parents, so no sewing for me; I'll enjoy looking around to see what others are doing this weekend.
(And just like the last time I was here, I'm just staying logged in as my Dad's ID because it takes WAAAAAY too long to change it and log in as me. They REALLY need to get dial up!)

-Amy

Unknown said...

ummm....I meant ....'they need to get something OTHER THAN dial up!'

Lori said...

I was thinking about this. IDK if I have more 2" or 2.5 strips cut. Whichever has the most is the winner, I guess. : )

Micki said...

Lovely blogs! I love the colours you used.
Micki

Andee said...

I want to whip up some of these (and every other thing Bonnie comes up with) too!