Thursday, April 22, 2010

Weekend Inspiration




Bonnie at Quiltville has posted a quick and easy strip pattern that has struck my fancy. I think I'll do some cutting tonight and set them next to the machine to work their way through. Spinning stars blocks are next to be put together and I will need something to feed in between rows. Maybe I'll do a quick test block just to make sure first. Go and check it out -- it could be a little weekend quilt along project.
We celebrated earth day at school today by planting some seedling that we had been nurturing as part of a germination experiment. It felt good to be outside for a while. We are putting together a solar powered butterfly garden and trying to work it in across the curriculum. I think we will start doing some soil testing with the Chemistry students while the Anatomy kids learn about medicinal herbs.
For now I think I'll finish my earth day festivities by "recycling" some fabric into quilts. How about you?

No comments: