Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mile a Minute

I wouldn't say that I sewed exactly a mile a minute today, but I did get a couple of rounds sewn onto the purple and green scrap blocks.  I'm deciding whether they will get squared up to 5 inches or 6 inches before I sew them together.  I was using a Dear Jane ruler to straighten the edges, but I might keep going for a couple more rounds.  The seams to get bulky with crumb blocks and I would probably want a sashing of some sort with a smaller block. 
I went out for lunch today and got my toes painted purple in honor of the passionate purple month!   I also popped out to the library to pick up the next book from a series I have been readying.  In the afternoon the girls wanted to see a movie. Ryan is having a friend sleep over.  Saturday is such a nice day, I wish there could be more of them in a week. 

7 comments:

sophie said...

I really like combinations of purple and green and can't wait to see what you make from your MAM blocks.

Cool Toes!

Amanda said...

LOVE the toe nail polish!

I always felt we should have three day weekends; one for shopping and housework; one for visitors and visiting and one for me.

Elke said...

Oh yes, every weekend is too short (and a week is too long). I like the look of your toes! And your scraps also look great.

Barb said...

Glad you got some "ME" time today...

Scrappy quilter said...

Love your MAM blocks. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I put mine into a small wall hanging (at least I think that's what it'll be) and the top is now finished. I like the purple nail polish. So cool!! Hugs

Ellen said...

Your blocks and your toes look great!

Angela said...

Your purple toes look lush :) Maybe we should all start painting nails, and dyeing streaks of colour in our hair each month to celebrate the chosen colour!! :)