Sunday, October 23, 2011

Borders Again

 I seem to be doing a lot of borders lately.  Though it isn't my favorite part, It is a good sign that I'll be quilting again soon. 
  This one still needs one more border for size.  I think I've got enough of the dark green and then I'll use the yellow again for binding.  I think yellow thread for quilting would be good, I think it would looks good with a pantograph. 
Today was a day of odds and ends.  With Kurt back in town after being gone most of the week, I enjoyed getting out and about without kids for a bit.  The rest of the family went to Art of Sand while I took a trip to get border fabric, a new pillow and some odds and ends for the kids Halloween costumes.  The kids were in and out all afternoon with friends from the neighborhood and then we had a cake after dinner to celebrate Kurt's birthday.  For now I'll take a look at lesson plans for the week and settle in for an early night. 

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks awesome! I hate borders too, but always feel so happy when they're done!

Lynne said...

It's looking really good.

april said...

Beautiful! I love greens!

LuAnn said...

What a great quilt. I love that checkerboard border.