Sunday, November 13, 2011

Rainbows Again

I was in a mood for piecing today, so even though the Rainbow ScrapHappy Squares are still sitting on the frame, I went ahead and finished off the flimsy for Rainbow Crumb Parade.  I sewed enough brown and black squares together last night to serve as the first and last row before deciding against making another row of white blocks.  The proportions seem better this way so I think I'll let it be.  It isn't a big quilt, I think it will be about 52 by 72 when it is done, but it should be a good snuggle up on the couch size.  I've spent plenty of time in the sewing room this weekend and need to get back to real life again.  The house is a mess, I've got papers to grade and lessons to plan, but it was nice to have an extra day this weekend to play. 

4 comments:

Jan Maree said...

Love it - it doesn't need the white squares with the qhite sashing. Looks like a great snuggle quilt to me!

Deb A said...

Beautiful! Always fun to have an extra day to sew!

Lynne said...

Another stunning quilt, Angela. Thanks for inspiring me for when the time comes to piece a top (I really like "flimsy").

Candace said...

I think that's one of the prettiest crumb quilts that I've ever seen. I love it.