Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tiny Tuesday - Pride of the Prarie


This is Midget Block 65 which is called Pride of the Prairie. It was simple to make, though I didn't follow the directions exactly.  I went ahead and cut squares in half, but then glue sticked the freezer paper prepared pieces in place temporarily.   Then I took them to the machine to sew the parts back together again. That left everything well secured and allowed me to carry it along to hand sew the edges without worrying about exposed bias edges.  The little circle was put on top of all of that, leaving LOTS of layers that I will have to cut away from the back at some point. 
I switched up the color arrangement just a bit, I like the alternating blue and green in the background. So, block 65 adds 20 pieces to the quilt and was freezer paper pieced along with machine sewn subunits. 

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

What a fun little block!

Lynne said...

Oh wow! I haven't been game to try curved piecing yet!

Ellen said...

Your block turned out really cute. I have printed all of the patterns that are posted but I missed out on the first 50. Now I just have to find the time to work on them.

Deb A said...

That is a cute little block! I love seeing your progress on this.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a cute little block with LOTS of pieces! Great work!

Retrogirl said...

great fabric combination!