Saturday, July 7, 2012

Kid Stuff

 Check out the cool zebra curtain and matching valance.  I still need to add a bit of teal trim on the bottom and paint the brackets, but other than that, it is done.  I'll have to go up and put all the outlet covers back and clean up the debris after dinner.  I really hope it doesn't give Sydney strange safari nightmares.
While I was putting the bedroom accessories together Anna and her friend Alli decided they wanted to make quilts.,  They rummaged through the 5 inch square drawer, sewed them together and quilted them all up with minimal supervision from me.  Aren't they cute?  The next generation of quilters has begun. 

7 comments:

Linda said...

Love the color or the room and the valance and closet curtain is great. Very cute pattern. Anna and her friend did great!

I didn't play with blue today as I went to a quilt class with my friends. I'm glad you picked blue. I have alot of it and maybe I can whittle down some of my blue scraps.

Amy said...

Love the valance! Great job on the room Mom!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

OH that is my color on the room. My bathroom is painted a darker shade, and my bedroom a lighter shade. Out of all the black white and third color combos out there, I love it with turquoise blue!!! I also love turquoise with white and silver too for a lighter approach. Keep up the good work.

Lynne said...

Well done you! Looks great.

Yay for Anna and Alli too!

Ellen said...

Well done - great job on the valance! It is very nice to see the next generation of quilters starting so young.

Sheila said...

Love the room! Your daugher will have wonderful dreams full of fun and adventure. You did good.
WOW! Your new little quilters are very talented! Such beautiful little quilts! It warms my heart to see new quilters having fun with fabrics and learning how to make quilts.

Kate said...

Love the teal with the zebra stripes. Looks great.