Sunday, August 26, 2012

Slowly on Sunday

 I found some time this week to stitch a couple more blocks of the Dear Jane Quilt.  Slowly but surely it is getting there. 
Most of the weekend though has been nose to the grindstone power sewing of string blocks for Jamestown Landing.  All of the Broken Dish blocks are done!  I'm at about 115 for the string blocks now, so just a bit more until it is ready to lay out.  The kids are all off playing with friends.  It has been raining off and on all day but it doesn't seem to have slowed them down at all.  I'm pretty sure school will still be on tomorrow despite all the hurricane day wishes from the kids.  I remember as a child waking up early on the morning of a snowstorm and waiting for the list of school closings to be read over the radio.  I guess this is our own version of that ritual. 

13 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

Hope the storms don't affect your life too much. Keep safe!

Teresa in Music City said...

I am so envious! I really really want to do Jamestown but can't seem to find time to start it. It's definitely on my to-do list! Can't wait to see your start coming together :*)

Cyn said...

Sure hope the storms pass you by.
Your blocks look great - you are making so much progress!

Carrie P. said...

you have gotten a lot done.
stay safe.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the photo of your Dear Jane progress. That block with the diagonal quilting is really great! Thanks for linking up.
Hope the weather is still OK there.

Cathy Tomm said...

Good to see you got some done on the Dear Jane. I will be thinking of you Monday I hope the storm will not get to bad. We love snow days in this house. If the buses do not run I think I too should stay off the roads and we do not drive the kids to school unless it's exams.

Sheila said...

Pretty blocks. I hope the storms miss you. We are hoping they miss us too here in NC. It's what everyone is talking about.
This has been a wonderful rainbow challenge month. Lovely turquoise. Can you give us a hint about the color that's coming up next?

audrey said...

a hurricane sounds a whole lot worse than a bad snowstorm!! good progress with your dear jane blocks!

Amanda said...

I've got a box full of DJ blocks that I made some years ago. I often look at them and wonder whether to make some more or to just do something with those that I've got. Best wishes on the weather front.

Lynne said...

It's sad that the kids are looking for a day off when they've only been back a couple of weeks! Here they'd have to go for another eight weeks - rain, hail, sleet, or very high temperatures! We have four terms of ten weeks each; many years one of those terms is actually eleven weeks. First term is the only term that is "interrupted" by a day off if Easter happens to be early!

janequiltsslowly said...

Glad that you are safe . . . . hope that also goes for Georgia and Louisiana. I love seeing that big stack of broken dishes blocks. It'll be great to see the finish.

Andee said...

Stay dry! This quilt is coming together too!

Kate said...

That's a lot of string blocks! Hope you stayed reasonable dry. We are really hoping for a little rain out of Issac, we certainly could use it.