Sunday, September 16, 2012

Slowly on Sunday

After reading Kathy's Slow Sunday post, I went to move my hoop over to a new section on Dear Jane.  She just had a wooden hoop break, and after having the same thing happen more than once, I switched to this plastic hoop, also available from Joann's.  I just checked on their web site and it is a Dritz hoop listed at $25.99, though I am sure I used a coupon.  It is flexible and comes in several sizes.  This one is 14 inches in diameter and seems to expose a reasonable amount of quilting space while still fitting in my lap.  I haven't tried any of the expensive floor or lap frames, but this one seems to work just fine for me.  Head over to Kathy's blog to see what handwork other people are taking time for on this slowpoke Sunday. 

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Great to know that this hoop breakage has happened to other quilters! My next purchase will probably be a plastic one! Thanks for linking up!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Thanks for the info on plastic hoops and I admire anyone who can finish a dear jane quilt. Love all the blues.

Deb A said...

I think I have a plastic one and wooden one. I really should start using them!

Teresa in Music City said...

I have a wooden hoop and may need to consider getting a plastic one. It's been a few years since I used it, so who knows if it is still in good shape.

Your Dear Jane is simply gorgeous - love those blues!!!

Karen said...

A few weeks ago you said you stated that you made a paper piecing pattern of the flying geese for the Hawaiian Sunset pattern. Is it possible to a copy of the pattern. If so, could you email it to me at the email address listed below.

Thank you.

Karen
Boogabearw@cox.net

Kate said...

I have both plastic and wood hoops, but prefer the wood ones. They just seem to hang on to the fabric better.