Sunday, February 17, 2013

Handwork on the Road

Just two days after returning from my overnight school field trip, we were all loaded up and ready to head out to Grandmothers house (over the river and through the woods). She started another round of chemo this week and the kids have Monday off of school.
Lucky for me, there was still a bit of appliqué left on the last of the purple blocks to keep me busy on the drive up. There are still three baby quilts for binding to do on the trip back, so I won't be bored. Not that boredom is often a problem for me.

7 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

These are such beautiful blocks!
Hope your Mom is doing okay. Sorry to hear about another round of chemo :(

Kath said...

Very best wishes to Grandma, for a full recovery xx

Kate said...

Prays for your Mom's speedy recovery.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I admire your blocks. Prayers for your mom, and have a safe trip.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous applique. Hoping for the best for grandma.

Jane said...

Great way to use the journey. Hope all goes well this week, and you have a safe journey home

Stella Nemeth said...

Hope your Mom gets better.

The blocks are a very unusual shape. Great color. I love purple.