Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tiny Tuesday - Broken Dishes Stars

I was having so much fun with broken dishes stars that I couldn't resist putting some of my bonus triangles to work.  These little guys are from unfinished 1.5 inch HST units that have been all prepped and hanging out in a bag since I finished the quilt they were leftover from.  I think it was my Mom's Sister's Choice quilt.  I don't remember when I made it, but it was the last giant quilt I quilted on my domestic sewing machine before the Handi-Quilter arrived.  I remember sewing through my finger at one point and thus starting the search for a quilting machine on a frame.
So the finished size will be 5 inches.  I wonder how these would look with my Itty Bitty Nine Patches?  I'll have to give that some thought.
Happy Tuesday everyone!  Just three exam days in the school year.  Those days are made much easier this year due to the end of course exam my students took at the begining of the month.  As a result, they have made a Biology game for their final exam and we will spend the two hour exam period playing those games.  We had the first round on Friday and it was SO MUCH FUN! Great way to finish off the year.  

5 comments:

Jo said...

Your colours look great together.
So many small pieces

Rebecca in AK said...

Love your blocks! Great idea for the final exam! Almost done for the year.

Kate said...

Oh so tiny! Looking forward to seeing what you whip together with those.

Ellen said...

Great blocks...looking forward to seeing how you use them!

Andee said...

They are really adorable blocks! Such fun!