Monday, June 23, 2014

Dear Jane Yellow Blocks are Done

 This one is called Firewood Flower.  It was a bit tricky, but the tips from That Quilt were helpful in figuring out how to get started.  I didn't do it exactly the same, but it worked out pretty well.  Still need to finish up the hand sewing on the reverse applique for this one.
 This one is called Brandon's Star.  It was nice and simple.  Thanks goodness!  Some of these blocks get to be a bit ridiculous.
 This one wasn't too bad.  It is called Sally's Pride.  The pattern has little applique triangles in the corners, but I'm wavering about those.  I think the middle section is sewed upside down, but I like it fine just like this.
 This is the one that took all morning!  I didn't think it would ever be done.  It is called Stephanie's Snowflake and I'm not at all sure it was worth the trouble.
We reheated pizza for lunch in our new oven!  The old one was having trouble with the buttons and kept turning itself off.   We are slowly converting over to stainless as things break, but for now it is a mixed up free for all.  I love that the window is huge so that you can really get a good look at what is cooking without opening it up.
It was great to have a day today to just sew without a bunch of running around.  The girls are home from camp and it has just started to pour down rain.  Maybe I can get one more block in before dinner.  Sydney is cooking appetizers for us all!  So festive.  

7 comments:

Jennie said...

That fire flower block is prepped and waiting for me. I'm going to try English paper piecing it... Not sure it's the best idea I've ever had. Love your blocks!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

More perfect blocks!

Angie said...

I'm inspired by your return to DJ. Maybe my next year's RSC project?

Barb said...

Wow...those blocks are wonderful but look hard.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Now I know why I have never attempted a Dear Jane. Those look really difficult and turned out wonderfully.

Rebecca in AK said...

You did a great job on your DJ blocks! I bought the DJ book, but not sure if I will ever make the quilt. Some of the blocks do look difficult!

Katie Z. said...

Good work! Your quilt is beautiful so far.