Saturday, August 23, 2014

ScrapHappy Saturday - Light and Bright

I've been thinking about some string blocks for next years RSC.  Strings are always so pesky to store, they get tangled and frayed along the edges.  I thought I'd try something new.  I used a safety pin to connect color coordinated strings together.  Then I found a belt hanger and just slid the safety pin onto the little hooks.  Now I can hang the strings up until I'm ready to use them and they won't get all knotted up.
Thinking about sewing is about all I've had time to do since school started, but I'm sure there will be some sewing time in my plans for the weekend.  How are your light and bright greens coming along?
Use misterlinky below to share your progress.



11 comments:

Deb A said...

Wow! First in the link up. Hope you get a few minutes to sew this weekend. Great idea on the strings - mine are just a pile on the floor next to the cutting mat right now.

Kate said...

Looks like a great way to keep those strings organized. Hopefully, you'll find a few minutes here and there to fit some stitching in.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good idea re strings - mine are sorted Into bins for storage - when in use they are draped over a collapsible laundry drying rack.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I like your storage idea for strips. I get tired of having to press them when I want to use them! I'm hoping to finish up all my bright green scraps this month.

Dasha said...

What a great idea for the strips. I hang quilts waiting for quilting in a cupboard, rather than folding them up somewhere, but it hadn't occurred to me to hang strips.

Mari said...

Wow, what a great idea. A lot better than a box. And it's so funny that you were thinking about next year's quilt, because I was in a meeting this week doing the same thing! I even doodled a little. Great minds, thinking alike? :)

Teresa in Music City said...

I had to give greens a rest this month because of too many commitments and classes coming up, but I have played in the scraps a little. I'm hoping to put up a post later today and link up :) By the way - I LOVE your quilt rack in the previous post - awesome!!! But not quite as awesome as the quilts hanging on it of course :*)

Edith said...

A great idea for organizing your strings, now they well be ready for you when you do find some time to sew.

Scrappy quilter said...

What a great idea.

Mystic Quilter said...

Must try your idea for keeping strips nice and tidy, not more having to re-iron when the strips crease up.

Marsha Cooper said...

I'm anxious to see now what next month's color is. You hinted at orange so I do have those sorted out just in case for a head start.
If it's not then that's ok too LOL